Why do you charge a leasing fee?+
The Montana Residential Landlord Tenant Act, MCA 2015, 70-25-206, requires the Landlord to furnish a Statement of Condition of the Premises at the beginning of the lease. There are just three criteria needed to fulfill this requirement:
- A clear and concise statement of the present condition of the premises
- If the premises has never been previously let, a statement indicating that
- The signature or the signature of the landlord's agent
Rent Smart Property Management has engaged with technology to go beyond what is required by the MRLTA and compile a move in report that allows us to include unlimited photos to document the condition of the property. By using a combination of the written report and photos, we are providing the highest level of transparency. You can be assured that we are doing everything possible to protect your security deposit refund by fully documenting pre-existing conditions. We are also doing everything possible to protect the owner's best interest so we can accurately assess new damages. We are also protecting our own reputation against illegitimate disputes. It is a win win for all parties. To date, the only security deposit disputes we have encountered are those from residents we did not place and did not go through our move in process. Our system works!
We also engage technology designed to streamline the lease signing process. Part of the leasing fees we charge help offset our costs in labor and subscription fees for our web based products.
Following is a breakdown of our leasing fees, this does not include the application fee, or deposit. For the purpose of the fee schedule, a bonus room shall be counted as a bedroom:
- $65.00 for Studios and One Bedroom Units
- $90.00 for Two Bedroom Units
- $120.00 for Three Bedrooms Units
- $160.00 for Four Bedroom Units
- $200.00 for Five Bedroom Units
Our standard pet fees are as follows:
- $125.00 pet acceptance fee and lease preparation fee, per pet
- $40.00 additional monthly rent, per pet
- $400.00 additional deposit, per pet
Property owners reserve the right to override our standard rates for the additional rent and deposit. It is the obligation of the applicant to obtain approval for their pet prior to submitting application. Non-approvable pets will result in denial of application. Application fees are non-refundable.