Thank you for considering Rent Smart Property Management, we appreciate the opportunity to serve you! Please review the following guidelines carefully. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us, as we want you to have a clear understanding of the process.
A $40.00 non-refundable application fee must be submitted with each rental application. Each adult occupying the home, whether part time or full time must complete an application in their own name.
Applications are processed in the order received and must be accompanied by the application fee and supporting documents in order to start processing. It is understood that more than one set of applications may be taken on the property. Please be advised the burden of completing the application and providing the required additional documentation is on the applicant. Incomplete applications will delay the process and could result in rewarding the property to another applicant, or even denial.
Applicants are not considered on a first come first served basis. Multiple applications qualifying on the same property is based on a best-qualified basis using a scoring system and on the property owner's needs.
Applications and information received during the application process becomes property of Rent Smart Property Management. Falsified applications will be rejected without further notice.
If the property you are applying for is not available now, you will be required to submit the holding deposit, in the form of certified funds, in advance, to hold the property. We do not accept partial payments on the holding deposit. If you are applying with other proposed occupants, all applications must be approved in order to secure the property. If you decide not to rent the property, you may be charged all actual costs associated with re-renting the unit. A copy of our lease is always available for review, if you wish to look at it, please let us know.
Prior to move in you will need to remit your first month's prorated rent, in the form of certified funds, along with any administrative leasing fees.
We cannot guarantee that the unit you have applied for will be available by the time your application has been processed. Your application remains valid for a period of 2 months from the date of approval and will be kept on file.
Move in dates are estimated to be the latest date the unit will be available for move in. Rent begins when unit is rent ready.
- Proof of sufficient income. Combined household income, as a minimum, needs to be 3 times the amount of rent.
- Verifiable good credit as reported from a national credit reporting agency. Credit scores of 600 and below will not be considered. Cosigners are not accepted for applicants with a score of 600 and below.
- Applicants with credit scores between 600 - 650 will be required to submit their most recent bank statement for review.
- Two years verifiable rental history or proof of previous home ownership. Valid rental history does not include subletting from a leaseholder, renting from a relative, housing provided as an employment package, or living in the dorm.
- We do not accept housing assistance.
- Cosigners may be considered in the event of lack of rental history or established credit. Cosigners need a minimum credit score of 700 to qualify. There is a $40.00 non-refundable co-signer application fee.
- Pets are screened by a third party screening company. There is a $20.00 application fee for the first pet, $15.00 for the second pet. There is no charge for ESAs or service animals. Non-qualifying pets will result in declined application. Each pet is subject to additional rent, deposit and pet acceptance fee based on age, weight, breed, owner approval and FIDO score.
- We reserve the right to deny any application that does not meet our application criteria.